Proactive Inspiration

for Living Everyday

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Stepping Out

"All your life you are told the things you cannot do. All your life they will say you're not good enough or strong enough or talented enough; they will say you're the wrong height or the wrong weight or the wrong type to play this or be this or achieve this. THEY WILL TELL YOU NO... a thousand times no, until all the no's become meaningless. All your life they will tell you no, quite firmly and very quickly. AND YOU WILL TELL THEM YES."
- Nike Ad

I know it's just a commercial advertisement, but I LOVE this quote. In the end I don't suppose it matters one bit what other people think of us, what they tell us we can or can't accomplish. All that matters is what we believe...what we know in our hearts to be the truth.

I am starting on a new venture myself, and I am truly terrified. But I also have that sharp, almost painful excitement that comes from taking a risk and hoping for the best. Stepping out into the unknown and trying to clear the void...what else keeps us alive?

Proactive Inspiration Video: This concept reminds me of a new song by James Blunt, "One of the Brightest Stars." It speaks to the concept that people love to hitch their wagon to a star and try, in some way, to share in the glory. But when things go south, they are nowhere to be found. Check out the video on the top left.

Proactive Inspiration Challenge: Take responsibility for your failures, you and you alone, so that when you succeed you will take responsibility for that as well.

No comments: