Proactive Inspiration

for Living Everyday

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Conquering Fear

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past
I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain." - Frank Herbert's "Dune"

Fear is what will always bind us to mediocrity. If we desire greatness, we must abandon our fears. What great accomplishment ever came without risk? The insidious thing about fearing failure, is that succumbing to that fear guarantees it. Allowing our fears to dictate our lives is simply a slow, quiet form of failure rather than a loud, obvious one. But it is no less real...and it is no less failure.

Food For Thought: What would you attempt if you knew you would not fail?

Proactive Inspiration Challenge: Take time today to identify what fears are holding you back from further success.

1 comment:

Sean Brown said...

The format of your site is excellent. I very much like the quote, followed by your insight, followed by the Food for Thought, and the Proactive Inspiration Challenge. Even the color coding is helpful. I hope to visit the site every day!

Keep writing!

Cheers,

Sean