Proactive Inspiration

for Living Everyday

Thursday, August 30, 2007

The Power of Friends

"Sometimes I'm clueless and I'm clumsy, but I've got friends that love me, and they know just where I stand. It's all a part of me, and that's who I am."
"Who I Am" - Jessica Andrews

Thank God for friends that love and understand us! I am often amazed by just how much it can mean to someone, simply to be understood. In the end, our best friends in life tend to be the ones that really "get" us...the ones that seem to know how we are feeling without our having said a word. Our thoughts, our ideas, our dreams, our fears...these things make up who we are as human beings. Our friends may not share the same dreams, the same ideas, but they do understand ours and value them for just how important they are to us. You can watch the entire music video by clicking on it on the left side of the blog.

Food for Thought: Do you tend to understand friends better than they understand you or the other way around?

Proactive Inspiration Challenge: Try to equalize any imbalances in this regard. If you tend to understand others better than they understand you, perhaps you are not sharing enough of yourself with those close to you. If you feel well understood, perhaps you would do well to listen more to your friends and try to understand their points of view.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Advice as always. Starting my day with you is such a boost.

Anonymous said...

thank you for posting this song.