Proactive Inspiration

for Living Everyday

Friday, August 31, 2007

Do It Anyway

"You can chase a dream that seems so out of reach and you know it might not ever come your way...Dream it anyway. This world's gone crazy and it's hard to believe that tomorrow will be better than today...Believe it anyway. You can love someone with all your heart, for all the right reasons, and in a moment they can choose to walk away...Love them anyway. I sing. I dream. I love. Anyway."
"Anyway" - Martina McBride

I saved this song for last because it is one of my favorites. No matter how difficult my day is, this song always makes me feel hopeful. Often, when we speak of hope, we are talking about believing that things will end up as we would like them to be...that things will turn out "ok." What I love about this song, is that it focuses on things being "ok" simply becuase we do what we ought to do, live as we ought to live...with courage, conviction, and belief, regardless of the outcome. It speaks that the hope is in the journeying, not in the arriving. This type of hope is the greatest encouragement to me because it allows us to be successful on the road to success, it reminds us that just being on the right path is already succeeding.

Proactive Inspiration Challenge: Allow yourself to indulge in hope, allow yourself the comfort of belief, and the warmth of faith. What you hope for may not come your way, but your days will always be brighter for having allowed yourself to dream.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are wise beyond your years. You make me very proud. And I am most proud that you do more than just speak these words; you have always lived your life this way too. I just know your
Grandma is smiling down on you right now. I Love You!

Mary Gregory said...

Thanks for this blogsite.

Blog Host said...

Thanks Mary for commenting. I hope you will come back and enjoy the blog and contribute again.