Proactive Inspiration

for Living Everyday

Friday, August 24, 2007

Standing Out from the Crowd

"Well there's a million other girls who do it just like you. Looking as innocent as possible to get to who they want and what they like, it's easy if you do it right. Well I refuse, I refuse, I refuse!"
"Misery Business" - Paramore

This song is a little angry, but I like the message of the lyrics above. I have never fit in and most of the time I am happy about that. But sometimes I feel the temptation to be fake in order to get what I want. In the end, I would rather have only a few people love me than many people love someone that I pretend to be. Check out the YouTube link on the left side of the blog to watch the music video for "Misery Business" by Paramore.

Food for Thought: Who knows the real you?

Proactive Inspiration Challenge: Spend an entire day saying only what you mean and nothing else.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Only I know the real me. Only a very few people know a little about the real me. Still, I like to think that I'm more of an open book than most people, living much more straight up than others. I suppose I say that because I believe that most people live their lives trying to build up an image of something that they are not, something that they think would suit their needs one way or another. In doing so, they present an image of themselves that is not really who they are.

I think it is impossible to live entirely as the person that you are because to function in society you must conform to certain norms and expectations. It is my objective to keep to the real me as much as possible while conforming to these norms. The trick is to figure out the balance between conforming and keeping true. Keeping true is a great, idealistic, and noble intent, however, isn't it possible that conceeding just a little in one area might allow you to be much more true in another? Learning to play the game is a skill; having the ideal of trying to be true to your innerself is a virtue. Balance is crucial.

Blog Host said...

Excellent points and thanks for the input. I hope others will read this as well.